One of the biggest mistakes reps make is assuming RESULTS alone will get them promoted😱
That is only ONE part of the equation.
Results are the MINIMUM expectation to get promoted.
If you want to get promoted, here are 15 ingredients you need to make it happen:
1. Do your job extraordinarily well in every aspect. This means EVERYTHING including the things you don’t want to do.
2. Do MORE than your job-take on projects and assignments that provide VALUE to your boss and team.
3. Self educate for skills that you need for your next role and 3-5 years from now.
4. Treat EVERYONE like they’ll be your boss one day.
5. Help OTHERS become successful aka DUPLICATE yourself.
6. Be patient-timing is half the battle.
7. Invite yourself to other meetings to learn and for exposure.
8. Fail forward. If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough.
9. Seek feedback laterally, above, and below you-then execute on that feedback.
10. Be loyal.
11. Influence up and make your boss look good.
12. Be a positive teammate!
13. Be you, authentic, and real.
14. Build your brand with ALL levels of the organization.
15. Do NOT brown nose.
What else would you add?